Brandon has been gone since Tuesday and we are ready for him to come home tomorrow. Last night and tonight we have done a sleepover in moms bed. Beauty and the Beast has been the movie of choice both nights. Carter likes it cause he says it is a very long movie. Which to him means that he gets to stay up later. It has been hard not having Brandon here. Yesterday the blind guys came and put up our blinds. We have a good amount of windows and I was very uneasy about the fact that everyone could see what I was doing. So that helped out a lot. I took a deep breath and let the kids go swimming yesterday and today. Neither one knows how to swim so it makes me nervous with just me out there. Swimming lessons are on the top of the to do list. They just sit and play on the steps. Which is fine by me. Except for tonight Carter decided that he needed to get his friends goggles and fell in. I was lucky and it was in the shallow end so at least his nose was out of the water. Having a pool is great but it is very real and there's no room for mistakes. Swimming lessons here we come! So I just noticed that in almost every pic of Carter he is wearing the same shirt. That shirt is the source of most of our arguments. He will hide it from me so that I can't hide it from him. I guess this is what they mean when they say choose your battles wisely.
Saturday, September 13, 2008
SLEEPOVER!!!!!!!
Brandon has been gone since Tuesday and we are ready for him to come home tomorrow. Last night and tonight we have done a sleepover in moms bed. Beauty and the Beast has been the movie of choice both nights. Carter likes it cause he says it is a very long movie. Which to him means that he gets to stay up later. It has been hard not having Brandon here. Yesterday the blind guys came and put up our blinds. We have a good amount of windows and I was very uneasy about the fact that everyone could see what I was doing. So that helped out a lot. I took a deep breath and let the kids go swimming yesterday and today. Neither one knows how to swim so it makes me nervous with just me out there. Swimming lessons are on the top of the to do list. They just sit and play on the steps. Which is fine by me. Except for tonight Carter decided that he needed to get his friends goggles and fell in. I was lucky and it was in the shallow end so at least his nose was out of the water. Having a pool is great but it is very real and there's no room for mistakes. Swimming lessons here we come! So I just noticed that in almost every pic of Carter he is wearing the same shirt. That shirt is the source of most of our arguments. He will hide it from me so that I can't hide it from him. I guess this is what they mean when they say choose your battles wisely.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
Amy, we cant wait to come over and use your pool too!
Thanks for letting us come and swim. I'm glad we were both there to play lifeguard. Crazy how kids can get away from us so quick. Hopefully Brandon's home by now and you're getting a break.
I guess there's a line up to come use the pool! Put us on for next spring!
Days seem longer without the husband home, don't they!
And it addition to Ben's comment, we're just excited to hang out with you guys in general in your new house! (Ben's such a user huh?) That is such a cute picture of the kids curled up in your bed, and I laughed so hard when I noticed that Carter is wearing the same shirt in all the pictures but one. That is hilarious. It's true though, you gotta pick your battles. :)
Hey Amy, looks like you're hanging in there! Even though our husbands are gone all day, we rely on them quite a bit a night. I hope he's home soon.
Hey, I can't find your new address?
Angela Jessop
WOW! There is so much I want to post about. Crazy how fast the kids are growing. Crazy how soon you will be having your 3rd baby! Crazy how we have been friends for almost 20 years. Can you believe that? (Did I count right?) I just love you and miss you so much!
Honestly, nothing worked for Korbin or Hadlie. It was a waiting a game. It took over two years for both of them to be "done" with the accidents and defiance. I finally starting bribing Hadlie with a dollar everytime she went and that worked for a while! So frustrating. . .
Post a Comment