Friday, October 24, 2008

And here he is!!!

Cashton Riley Smith
Yes, Cashton. I let Brandon decide the final name since this is our last and he let me choose the other two. So, if you are asking if we are serious like my mom did, the answer is yes;) Cashton came into the world on October 21st at 5:38 in the evening with a head full of dark hair. (a first for us) He weighed 7 lbs 4 ozs, 20 inches long and beautiful. It started out on Tuesday, I woke up with a lot of pain and not sure what was going on. I didn't think contractions cause it was a constant pain. So I waited around until 9:30 when I thought that I was going to die and called one of my really good friends that conveniently lives 4 doors down to pick up my kids. She was there in a flash. I was laying on the couch trying to get it together when it hit me that I knew what this pain was. Kidney stones!! Brandon got home and picked me up and off we went to the hospital to figure out how they were going to fix that problem with me being so far along. Anyways, we got there and I was dilated to a 4 so they wanted me to have the baby. They had an ultra sound tech come in and try to see if I had any kidney stones and she told us that she could see some in both kidneys and that both ureters where clogged so she wasn't sure if a kidney stone was blocking it or if it was the position of the baby. Anyways long story short, once you have had a kidney stone you will never forget that pain. At this point it didn't matter what they told me I knew I was passing one. Having a contraction was cake compared to the kidney stone pain. In the end we had a beautiful, healthy boy and couldn't ask for more. Thank you so much for all the help that I have received. I am very grateful for the friendships that I have with so many amazing people. I will get out more pictures as soon as I can.

11 comments:

The Best Family said...

Congratulations! He is so precious! Having kidney stones the same time your have your baby, that does not sound like fun. Sounds like you went through a lot. Enjoy your little one.
Mandy

Angie Marchbanks said...

Amy,
He sure is a handsome little guy. I am glad that everything went good for you as far as having him, but I am sorry that you had kidney stones...not fun! Hope all is well now! Can't wait to see more pictures.
Angie

Cheri said...

Boy, what a delivery! Hope the stones are passed and gone now. Congratulations!!

preitygirl said...

Amy,
I am so happy for you! He is so beautiful, and I really like the name Cashton! I am sorry that you had to go through kidney stones, that would not be fun! You are so strong! I miss you tons! I always look for pictures of you on your blog but Iknow how much you hate pictures! I was so happy to see a little of you with your beautiful baby! When you have time please email me! I would love to catch up! My email is cami@tippets.net! Congratulations on the baby! Hope to hear from you soon!
Love, Cami

Jeremy and Angela said...

What a beautiful baby boy! I'm so sorry to hear that yoy had kidney stones on top of that. I'm glad all is well and I can't wait to meet him! Our babies are one month apart with dark hair! How fun!

Reeses Pieces said...

I think he's so handsome. Thanks for letting me be part of your day. It meant more to me than you'll ever know. It helped put closure on a lot of things for me. I actually love the name Cashton and of course I love Riley too. Let me know what I can do to help. If you're craving anything(DrPepper) or need a break from the kiddos, just call!

Love, Nicole

Heidi said...

He is beautiful! I hope you are recovering well. Congratulations.

Heidi

Brooke said...

Oh my goodness. What a friend I am. I had no idea that you were passing a kidney stone, let alone delivering your third baby! Congratulations!! He is adorable. Cashton is an awesome name. Didn't you like the name Cash? YEAH! You have a way cute family and I am so happy for you Amy.

Mike and Kelli said...

Congratulations! He is beautiful. So sorry about the kidney stones...sounds awful. I can't wait to see more pictures!

Angela said...

I was pleasantly surprised when I looked at your blog and saw that you had your baby! Weren't you suppose to have him in November?

Anyway, he is cute and I am glad you both are healthy...now that you don't have the Kidney Stones!

Shannon said...

He is SOOOO cute, congratulations!! I'm so sorry about the stones, I can't even imagine. We'll give you guys a call tonight to see if we can take the kids for at least a little bit this weekend. Hope you all feel better soon.